Our Students have access to Better Jobs *
- Veteran owned business.
We are the ONLY private Truck Driving School in Minnesota approved by the Minnesota Approving Agency for VA educational benefits.
- Owned and operated by Bill Collins. Bill is a U. S. Army Veteran and served in Vietnam in 1970 and 1971.
- Our Number 1 goal is your Safety! We have a perfect safety record over the last 25 years! No other school comes close to our safety record.
- No waiting for CDL road tests! We have examiners on stand by to provided road tests as soon as our students are ready!
- Better Pass Rates! Our students pass their CDL road test the first time at a higher percentage than other truck driving schools in the area and we have the statistics to prove it! That means you will get through the program quickly and get to work as soon as possible.
Everyone at Interstate Truck Driving School believes very strongly in two things:
- We put forth the effort every day to create the best training experience possible.
- We believe in our students. It is our experience that anyone with the desire and commitment can succeed, provided they are given the proper support and guidance. We are committed to providing that support and guidance.
In order to provide you with the best preparation possible, we employ experienced professional instructors that enable us to make sure we give you complete and accurate information to prepare you for your test. If you have trouble with the road test we will concentrate on getting you the help you need to pass before we go on to the next phase of your training.
We have invested in the latest state of the art Truck Driving Simulators as a supplement to Training on the Road. Your simulator training will make you a better driver with less time and stress . Simulator time is not a substitute for on the road training, it is a supplement so you will still get just as much, if not more, time on the road as any other truck driving school. Our students and our instructors love the benefit of the simulators! It will be well worth your time to stop by our school and check out our simulators.
We have been in business for 25 years and have trained people of every possible description. We are absolute in our conviction that empowering people with the skills they need to become financially secure is a positive outcome for everyone in this country and beyond.
*Please visit our main Campus in South Saint Paul to learn how and why our students have access to better jobs.
Our Wisconsin Connection.......
A few years ago the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration created a rule (383.79) that allows new drivers to take their CDL road test in a state they do not live in. As of May of 2018 we have been taking advantage of this rule to take most of our students to Hudson Wisconsin for their road test. In order to test an out of state driver in Wisconsin, training in Wisconsin is required by the Federal Rule so we have complied with all Wisconsin rules and operate a licensed truck driving school in Hudson.
Why do we train and test students in Wisconsin?
- First of all access. The state of Minnesota has been backed up with test slots for as long as we have been in business (25 years). It can take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks to get a CDL test appointment in Minnesota. Wisconsin allows Third Party Testing (also allowed by the FMCSA) and this system creates excellent availability for testing. We can not only get students tested as soon as they are ready to pass the test, we can also get students back in for a test if they should have trouble passing. Students testing in Wisconsin are not waiting to get their license and are able to get to work much faster.
- In addition, proper testing is provided in Wisconsin. The state of Minnesota Department of Public Safety is not in compliance with the Federal Guidelines for CDL Testing, Wisconsin is! Minnesota has a pre-determined pass/fail quota for testing. Wisconsin does not. Minnesota sets a time limit for the test. Wisconsin does not. The Minnesota CDL tests uses unrealistic roads at the metro exam stations. Wisconsin does not. Bottom line our students are passing at a higher rate in Wisconsin. Same instructors, same trucks, same training, producing higher pass rates simply because the state of Wisconsin is following the Federal Rules and our students are being treated fairly in compliance with Federal Rules.
Our students do have the option of testing in Minnesota if they want to. Almost everyone chooses to take the test in Hudson.
To comply with the rules that allow testing in Hudson, students need to take driver training from our Hudson Truck Driving School. Our Professional Training Programs start on Monday mornings with a two day classroom program provided on the internet. The 3rd day of training is hands on at our South Saint Paul Campus.
Want to learn more? Click on these great links to discover why Interstate Truck Driving School is the best choice for you!
More about us:
More about becoming a student:
Prices and Programs are subject to change without notice. Tuition fees are due on the first day of class. Refund policy is printed on the Student Contract. With prior written authorization or Purchase Order, public agencies and Employers are permitted terms allowing for payment within 30 days of invoice to be billed on student’s first day of class/training.
- Made in America
- Since 1998