- Veteren owned business.
- Owned and operated by Bill Collins. Bill is a U. S. Army Veteran and served in Vietnam in 1970 and 1971.
- Our Number 1 goal is your Safety! We have a perfect safety record over the last 25 years! No other school comes close to our safety record.
- No waiting for CDL road tests! We have examiners on stand by to provided road tests as soon as our students are ready!
- Better Pass Rates! Our students pass their CDL road test the first time at a higher percentage than other truck driving schools in the area and we have the statistic to prove it!
- We have a passion for driving trucks and for truck driver training. We have trained more Minneosta drivers than all other private schools combined.
Everyone at Interstate Truck Driving School believes very strongly in two things:
- We put forth the effort every day to create the best training experience possible.
- We believe in our students. It is our experience that anyone with the desire and commitment can succeed, provided they are given the proper support and guidance.
In order to provide you with the best preparation possible, we have licensed instructors that are former State CDL Examiners with combined experience of 30 years administering the very test you will need to pass. These professional instructors enable us to make sure we give you complete and accurate information to prepare you for your test. If you have trouble with the road test we will concentrate on getting you the help you need to pass before we go on to the next phase of your training. We use this two-phase approach to truck driver training because we firmly believe this is the BEST way to train new drivers.
We have invested in the latest state of the art Truck Driving Simulators. Your simulator training will make you a better driver with less time and stress to prepare you for training on the road. Simulator time is not a substitute for on the road training, it is a supplement so you will still get just as much, if not more, time on the road as any other truck driving school. Our students and our instructors love the benefit of the simulators! It will be well worth your time to stop by our school and check out our simulators.
We have been in business for 25 years and have trained people of every possible description and we are absolute in our conviction that empowering people with the skills they need to become financially secure is a positive outcome for everyone in this country and beyond. With all of our family, we believe in tough love when necessary, we believe in empowerment, we do not believe in entitlement. We also recognize that our society has made some mistakes in the past and it is the best interest of all of us to work toward healing old wounds and creating harmony and unity. We are very proud of the work we have done here at Interstate over the years collaborating with non-profit agencies that has created some very powerful success stories. We are very grateful for all of the opportunities in the past to expand our Interstate family and look forward to many more in the years to come.
Our Wisconsin Connection.......
A few years ago the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration created a rule (383.79) that allows new drivers to take their CDL road test in a state they do not live in. As of May of 2018 we have been taking advantage of this rule to take most of our students to Hudson Wisconsin for their road test. In order to test an out of state driver in Wisconsin, training in Wisconsin is required by the Federal Rule so we have complied with all Wisconsin rules and operate a licensed truck driving school in Hudson.
Why do we train and test students in Wisconsin?
- First of all access. The state of Minnesota has been backed up with test slots for as long as we have been in business (22 years). It can take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks to get a CDL test appointment in Minnesota. Wisconsin allows Third Party Testing (also allowed by the FMCSA) and this system creates excellent availability for testing. We can not only get students tested as soon as they are ready to pass the test, we can also get students back in for a test if they should have trouble passing. Students testing in Wisconsin are not waiting to get their license and are able to get to work much faster.
- In addition, proper testing is provided in Wisconsin. The state of Minnesota Department of Public Safety is not in compliance with the Federal Guidelines for CDL Testing, Wisconsin is! Minnesota has a pre-determined pass/fail quota for testing. Wisconsin does not. Minnesota sets a time limit for the test. Wisconsin does not. The Minnesota CDL tests uses unrealistic roads at the metro exam stations. Wisconsin does not. Bottom line our students are passing at a higher rate in Wisconsin. Same instructors, same trucks, same training, producing higher pass rates simply because the state of Wisconsin is following the Federal Rules and our students are being treated fairly in compliance with Federal Rules.
Our students do have the option of testing in Minnesota if they want to. Almost everyone chooses to take the test in Hudson.
To comply with the rules that allow testing in Hudson, students need to take driver training from our Hudson Truck Driving School. Our Professional Training Programs start on Monday mornings with a five day classroom program provided on the internet. On the second week of training individual instruction begins that is scheduled with each student. There are several skills that can be practiced at either campus location but all BTW will be held in Wisconsin in order to qualify the student for testing in Hudson.
Yes, it does create a need for some coordination and additional logistics. It is worth pointing out the Eagan exam station is 14 miles from our South St. Paul Campus and the Hudson testing location is 19 miles from out South St. Paul Campus. For most students, the benefits provided by testing in Hudson is well worth any inconvenience.
Want to learn more? Click on these great links to discover why Interstate Truck Driving School is the best choice for you!
More about us:
More about becoming a student:
Prices and Programs are subject to change without notice. Tuition fees are due on the first day of class. Refund policy is printed on the Student Contract. With prior written authorization or Purchase Order, public agencies are permitted terms allowing for payment within 30 days of invoice to be billed on student’s first day of class/training.
- Made in America
- Since 1998